Thursday, August 29, 2019

All Hardware Came In: Time To Start The Final Build Before R&F

Yesterday evening the Blue Loctite, vice grips and brightly colored duct tape to mark my vice girps came in the mail. This morning I made my way over to Kleindorfer's hardware. They have consistently been a great help to help me find the hardware that I need, with fast and professional customer service. They helped me locate replacement screws for a few different applications around the bot which include...

  • Wheel set screws - will lock
  • Drive motor mount screws - will lock
  • Shaft collar screws - will not be locked
  • Weapon motor mount set screw - will lock
I was able to get most of them in a higher grade than what came with the parts originally to hopefully, when paired with Loctite, hold up better to repeated screwing.

Today I was also able to print out the outline for the new wedge, the new angle of the wedge even on paper is looking a lot better than what it used to and I will hopefully have it all cut out and ground down by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment